Monday, December 12, 2011

The worlds worst blogger

Well I might be the worlds worst blogger ever, but I am back again. So what are we up to? I am no longer pregnant, I have a 6 week old daughter and the other kids have grown six months older. i am still a scrapbooker but I haven't scrapped much.
My new big things is trying out new recipes for the end of the world as we know it. Today in a high hopes of training my one and three year old children to eat Oatmeal we tried Chocolate Banana Oatmeal. If bananas, a heap of chocolate and an indecent amount of brown sugar connot convince these boogers to eat Oatmeal they are going to starve to deal if we ever run out of chicken nuggets and cherrios.
The recipe is either from Allrecipes.com or cooks.com but I did take some liberities with it. So first you make up the oatmeal for four. We busted open some Scottish cut oats new experience even for us adults too. The recipe has you pour in 1/2 cup brown sugar, a mashed banana and 1/4 cop chocolate chips. Next time i make it I am making it with half the brown sugar, I am going to have baby food banana's availible from if I don't have fresh and for fun we used a Hershey Bar in the oatmeal today. It was to try to make Scarlett more excited to try oatmeal. She ate a little, Beau even less, but Wayne and I enjoyed our breakfast!
So our next end of the world meal is Rabbit! I have never cooked or eaten rabbit, not even when we were raising rabbits! A family friend gave us some rabbit so we are jumping off the deepend with some marinated rabbit stew. The poor little bunny is stewing my my oven as I type, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, or in a few months...

No comments: